The Customer’s Needs
Mechatronic were asked by a leading blue chip company to design a bolt on machine to an existing assembly line. The new machine had to increase the automation in the customer’s assembly process.
To assemble the toner bottle cap & write to a silicon chip for data capture. Other goals included:-
- Reducing the number of operators
- Reducing errors in assembly
- Increasing the speed of assembly to meet output requirements
- To make a more profitable process
The Automated Machine Process
The machine uses 2x Staubli robots and various automated stations to complete the assembly of the toner cap. The Machine process is as follows:
- Holders are loaded to the machine via a vacuum form tray
- The cutting station brands the cap by cutting off lugs in particular combinations
- Silicon chips for writing information to are loaded to the machine via a vacuum form tray
- Silicon chip holders are loaded to the machine via a bowl feeder
- The chip and holders are assembled by a Scara Robot & information is written to the silicon chip
- A robot pick & places the assembled holder onto a conveyor where a self-adhesive label is pressed on
- A complete holder assembly is poka yoke checked on the conveyor before being packed into a box
The machine was completed on time & to a fixed price.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.