Recruitment / Vacancies
Join the most innovative automation company around
Mechatronic and Robopod® offer exciting career development opportunities.
The vacancies featured include opportunities both at Mechatronic Production Systems Limited and Robopod Limited – part of the Mechtech Automation Group (“MAG”).
Our people-centric culture make it a rewarding environment, as shown by:
- Excellent staff loyalty
- Many long-serving team members
- Career growth opportunities
Job Description – Controls Engineer
Main Purpose of Position:
The design and building of machine control systems, control panels, machine circuit diagrams, the design and writing of software so that specially designed machines function as intended.
Writing, commissioning, de-bugging and upgrade software on our site and at Customers’ works in order to meet Customers’ requests and or to satisfy Mechatronic warranties.
The Senior Controls Engineer
Electricians, Contract Electricians
Other Controls Engineers; Electrical engineers; Contractors; Technical Director, Operations Manager, Workshop Team Leader Project Leaders and Mechanical Designers.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Design electrical control systems and circuits in order achieve the overall design intent (functionality) of the machine in order to meet the machine build plan.
- Create electrical schematics using Engineering Base & AutoCad LT.
- Asses Safety Systems, create Sistema documentation, and undertake lightguard testing and document. Design, write, and install software for safety PLC’s
- Order materials, plan and manage the building of control cabinets (the cabinet build plan), on time, within budget, within the Customers’ specification in order to satisfy the machine build plan.
- Plan and organise the hard wiring of machines, integration of cabinets and related electrical components on time, within budget, within the Customers’ specification in order to satisfy the machine build plan.
- Practical building of control cabinets and integrating them into machines and systems.
- Design, write, and install PC, PLC, HMI software to machines on time, within the customers’ specification in order to satisfy the machine build plan. Common software platforms are Omron, Mitsubishi, Allen Bradley and Siemens, but other platforms may also be needed to meet customer specification requirements.
- Design, write, and install Robot Software and interface with the machines on time, within the customers’ specification in order to satisfy the machine build plan.
Common software platforms are Fanuc and Staubli, but other platforms may also be needed to meet customer specification requirements.
- Design, write, and install Servo Systems, network Communications, and Data Handing to machines on time, within the customers’ specification in order to satisfy the machine build plan. Common platforms are Devicenet, Ethernet IP, Fins, but other platforms may also be needed to meet customer specification requirements.
- Commission the electrical installation and associated software, run up the machine, and optimise the circuitry and software, so that the machine functions correctly.
- Attend meetings as requested in order to give status reports, and to support the day to day management of the project plan.
- Maintain and file all relevant documents and records, update build manuals in order to allow easy retrieval and as part of the ISO 9000 quality system.
- Suggest improved methods to existing and proposed designs. Actively participate (with the Technical Team) in design reviews, control design reviews and design (kaizen) workshops.
- Deputise for the Senior Controls Engineer in his absence including attending meetings, reporting to management and responding to call outs.
- The job will be reviewed by the senior controls engineer six monthly and will include the setting of objectives for the following period.
The successful job holder (or job applicant) will need to:
- Hold suitable engineering qualifications to degree standard or equivalent.
- Possess several years’ relevant experience, and keep up to date with the latest industry developments.
- Be innovative and creative.
- Be proactive and prepare their own schedule of work.
- Work under own initiative and as part of a team.
- Be effective at problem solving.
- Be a good communicator with good listening skills.
- Have a pleasant, confident personality and be able to communicate well with colleagues and with customers.
- Have a “can do” attitude, and be self motivated to achieve exceptional results.
- Work to tight deadlines.
- The Machine Build Plan plans the building of machines to achieve the delivery on time and within budget.
- The Panel Build Plan plans the building of the panel so that the panel is built in advance of the machine build plan.
- The Electrical Build Plan refers to all electrical control activities (design, panel build, wire up, commission etc)
- The Project Plan covers all activities, in all departments, from order through to the final delivery and includes 1, 2 and 3 above.
Please click on the link to apply for this Design Engineer position working for a leading and forward thinking manufacturer of special purpose machinery.
Career Opportunity – Buyer
Mechtech Automation Group (“MAG”) comprises Robopod Limited and Mechatronic Production Systems Limited, leaders in the design and production of advanced automation solutions, working with market leading customers across diverse market sectors.
This dynamic business, based in the Midlands and employing approximately 50 people, is well placed for continued success. To support ongoing development the business is looking to appoint an experienced, commercially minded and diligent Buyer to work in the business to purchase materials and manage the supply chain.
The Buyer will be required to work closely with the other members of the project team and reports to the Operations Director.
- Competitively purchase tooling and other bought out items, as requested by the Project Leaders in order to start the build process on time and within budget, ensuring that the purchased items fully comply with the design specification and the Customer’s specification.
- Order materials for the control cabinets, on time, within budget, within the Customers’ specification in order to satisfy the cabinet build plan.
- Select, specify and order materials, tooling as well as general workshop consumables, in order to satisfy the build and service plan as well as the day operation of the factory, in conjunction with the Team Leader.
- Order consumables for the Electrical department, working in conjunction with the Electricians and Controls Manager.
- Feedback and update the ‘Latest Indicated Costs’ (LIC) budget for each project, working in conjunction with the Project Leaders.
- Actively manage the supply of materials for projects to agreed project timelines. Report the status of deliverables to the Operations Director.
- Manage supplier relationships to get best value from suppliers. This must include price, delivery time and quality.
- Monitor Supplier performance.
- Work with current ordering systems and purchase order processing systems.
- Develop new control systems to enhance the current system.
- Work with ISO 9001 Quality System.
- Manage the goods inwards area, to ensure delivered items match the orders placed.
- Possess suitable qualifications and relevant experience in a purchasing or commercial role.
- Have a Technical appreciation for Engineering.
- Be conversant with Sage Line200 and be competent with Microsoft Office.
- Have a high level of attention to detail.
- Be self-motivated to produce high quality results at high levels of output.
- Proactively plan own schedule of work, especially for routine work.
- Work under own initiative, but also as part of the Team.
- Have a pleasant personality and be able to communicate well with colleagues and with suppliers.
- Have a “can do” attitude and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Be motivated to develop the position and systems they are working with and be comfortable working in an environment in which continuous improvement and striving towards operational excellence is paramount
Business Development Manager
Career Opportunity – Business Development Manager
Mechtech Automation Group (“MAG”) comprises Robopod Limited and Mechatronic Production Systems Limited, leaders in the design and production of advanced automation solutions, working with market leading customers across diverse market sectors. This dynamic business, based in the Midlands and employing approximately 50 people, is well placed for continued success.
To support ongoing growth the business is looking to appoint an entrepreneurial Business Development Manager to work as a key member of the Sales & Concept Development team. The primary objective of this role is to achieve profitable revenue growth for Mechtech’s portfolio of bespoke automation, flexible manufacturing and service solutions.
The role requires a dynamic and credible individual capable of driving the development and sale of the companies offering. The successful candidate will be comfortable operating in a complex sales environment, influencing multiple stakeholders both internally and externally and working with customers and partners in a consultative style whilst maintaining focus on driving opportunities through to close. Success in the role will be dependent on developing business through direct and indirect sales channels and both new and existing customers.
- Build strong customer relationships, proactively identify business opportunities and drive opportunities to close though telephone, video and in person meetings / presentations
- Working closely with the Sales Director preparation of customer proposals and negotiation of pricing, contractual terms and payment arrangements with customers (and suppliers when necessary).
- Work closely with the existing equipment sales and operations teams and collaborate with other functions as necessary to support the customer
- Effectively manage customer and supplier issues, liaising with the relevant internal & external contacts to find resolution
- Provide input and support marketing initiatives and trade shows to actively promote the company and its complete scope of equipment and services
- Participate in the establishment and delivery of initiatives to enable the business to meet and exceed growth and profitability goals
- Reporting line to the Sales Director
- Report to the business on sales activity & broader market / competitor activity as required
- Actively seek out market and competitor intelligence
- Maintain the up to date status and integrity of CRM data relating to the projects and customers
- Regular travel to customer sites including overseas travel as necessary to achieve results is a requirement of the role
- Experienced sales engineering professional eager to develop career to next stage, a proven track record of successfully conceptualising, proposing and selling automation solutions, ideally gained within an automation / capital equipment environment
- Experience of Automation applications within Automotive, Aerospace and Medical end user market sectors
- Highly organised and capable of planning, and prioritising workload
- A self-starter, effective working alone and as part of a team
- Experience of adhering to a structured sales process, pipeline management and CRM systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- IT literate with mainstream Microsoft Office programs
- Available to travel within the UK and overseas