As a leading pioneer of the reconfigurable solutions concept, Robopod® has developed an innovative vision of flexible manufacturing, which enable companies to embrace the full benefits of safe, efficient and fully integrated manufacturing environments.
Tony Parker-Watkins, Sales Director at Mechatronic Solutions and Robopod®, explains how flexible manufacturing is more relevant than ever for companies involved in production at the present time
“At a time when a global pandemic has exposed vulnerabilities and caused disruption to business operations globally, and as social distancing becomes a new ‘normal’ within workplaces, manufacturers are looking for different ways of operating in these uncertain times.
“For over three years Robopod has been working to develop its vision for an innovative way of flexible manufacturing. Our aim is to provide a solution which integrates the latest advancements in automation techniques and technology to enable a smart way for manufacturers to alleviate safety concerns.
“Robopod PodConnect solutions enable your production and processes to be appropriately distanced, existing linear production lines to be separated, busy aisles reduced and the introduction of multiple Robopod modules to work as one intelligent line.
“Robopod will optimise factory floor space, automate product change over and enable creation of multiple product lines whilst maximising your investment due to Robopod’s ability to be reconfigured for your future applications.
“PodConnect’s intuitive IPC control interface and networked data handling offers you industry 4.0 connectivity which may be viewed remotely via your PC and smart mobile device:
- Advanced batch management
- Full part traceability
- Real time powerful data analytics
- Connectivity with multiple pods
- Autonomous intelligent vehicles
“This is a new era for manufacturing which will encourage collaborative working between man and machine to bring peace of mind to your workforce. For your introduction to smart factory, flexible manufacturing contact RoboPod.”
with Robopod Reconfigurable systems
Robopod®’s reconfigurable systems enable companies to embrace the full benefits of flexible manufacturing environments with a range of options:
- A range of tending solutions from manual load to full auto
- The range of tending solutions is flexible to suit front and side loading of CNC machinery
- Manual tending solutions are cost effective and simple to deploy.
- Option 1 – Simply load totes into a stack and close the door to begin the tending process. Slide 15
- Option 2 – Manually load totes to a 3 tier storage rack. When a shelf is populated and the CNC is ready to receive product the AIV will automatically collect a tote. Slide 2
- Option 3 – Load a tote material store (TS-20) this holds 20 totes. When the machine CNC is ready to receive product the AIV will collect and drop at the CNC. When the tote is complete a call will be given to the AIV to collect the tote and drop back to the material store. Slide 4
- Option 4 – Expand the material store to become a (TS-40), the system now holds 40 totes. The master control system on the first unit is capable of linking modules together and would be connected via ethernet IP
- Ability to have real time data analytics to your operations department to track the performance of your machines
- Remote access a machines performance through a smartphone
Robopod® is the innovative reconfigurable system with a standardised platform for robotic applications, offering unrivalled performance. Endlessly adaptable to the client’s requirements, the potential uses for Robopod® are 'only limited by imagination'; making a Robopod® a versatile investment with potential for rapid payback.
For more information, please contact
Telephone: +44 (0)330 223 5333