Autonomous Intelligent Vehicle Showcase
Robopod®’s exclusive AIV showcase event is underway this week, providing visitors with a unique opportunity to see AIV vehicles working together as a ‘fleet’.
Robopod® said they have been delighted with the response from visitors, who came from a variety of sectors and a range of companies including ‘blue chip’ names.
The event was particularly appealing to companies, as it included an opportunity to see a multiple AIV setup. Previous demos have generally been limited to single AIV due to the availability of the item, as AIVs are selling quickly, leaving ‘demo models’ in scarce supply.
Event Photo Gallery
Swipe or use buttons to see more photos
Podconnect® AIV Fleet
A series of Podconnect® AIV units was displayed to demonstrate:
- Multiple-AIV setup – showing how a series of AIV units can work together and interface with each other as well as other equipment
- Enterprise management system
- AIVs working collaboratively in a fleet
- AIVs interfacing with each other and other equipment
- Famously fast setup
Demonstrations will also include
- Robopod® – the innovative reconfigurable system with a standardised platform for robotic applications, offering unrivalled performance. Endlessly adaptable to the client’s requirements
- Tendapod® – a reconfigurable tending automation system which can lend itself to a range of tending requirements, such as CMM, machine, grinding machine, non-contact inspection systems and production line tending
The event was arranged with the support of Omron. Robopod® is one of just two official Omron partners in the UK and work closely with the company on developing advanced AIV solutions.
The event showcases Omron’s Enterprise Manager, linked to Sysmac PLC (Programmable Controller) – the latest machine automation platform which provides integration from controller to software, coordinating motion, sequencing, safety, networking and vision inspection. Sysmac Studio software includes configuration, programming, simulation and monitoring and a fast machine network (EtherCAT) with one control for the entire machine or production cell.
Omron’s display and demonstration included:
- Safety systems
- PLC system
- Vision system
The exclusive AIV showcase event is the forerunner to a major summer ‘Open Event’, which will celebrate the 30th anniversary of Mechatronic as well as showcasing the very latest technology.
Further details are to be communicated, but the event promises to be the biggest and best display of advanced technology ever hosted at Mechatronic Solutions and Robopod®.
Robopod® is the innovative reconfigurable system with a standardised platform for robotic applications, offering unrivalled performance. Endlessly adaptable to the client’s requirements, the potential uses for Robopod® are 'only limited by imagination'; making a Robopod® a versatile investment with potential for rapid payback.
For more information, please contact
Telephone: +44 (0)121 459 2347